Mercy Road Daily Prayer & Bible Reading ~ Friday, August 10, 2012

Lord God,

You are my great Savior, the one that I love. You are the one I worship and serve. Please hurry and help me. Come quickly and save me. Do not turn your grace away from me. Do not wait to rescue me from the relentless struggles of life. For I am weak and confused, and I need your help.

I come to you for shelter. I run to you for protection. Don’t let me down Lord. Don’t let me be defeated or disgraced. Listen to my prayers and rescue me from all that threatens to overwhelm me. Save me from the guilt of my past failures. Free me from the lies that fill me with feelings of apathy and despair. Be my strong fortress, my shelter, and my refuge. Protect me from harm and defend me from danger. Save me from the wickedness and evil in this world.

For I have trusted you in the past, Lord God. Since I was young I’ve depended on you to lead me when life seems dark and hopeless. I’ve looked to your word for answers and relied on your will to guide me, because you are sovereign, you are righteous. You are the only hope that I have.

Since you have protected me in the past, I will trust you in the future. Since you have always been my help, I will look to you in my troubles. Forgive me, Lord, when I complain about life and ask in my heart, “what have you done for me lately.” Forgive me when I refuse to see the many blessings you have poured out upon me. Do not reject me in my rebellion. Do not abandon me in my thanklessness and sin. Hurry please and help me, Lord. Come close to me, and show me in some small way that you are here.

Then I can tell others of your goodness and your strength. My Savior and my God, do not give up on me in my brokenness, but show me your faithfulness so that I can proclaim your power to everyone I meet. Be with me now so I can tell them of your justice, your grace and all the wonderful things you have done. Heal me Lord, so I can explain how you saved me from sickness and death, how you restored my health and gave me comfort when I lost all hope.

Give me victory over all that is crushing me Lord, so that I can worship, you, praise you, and shout for joy about the Holy One who rescued me and saved me saved from my sin.

Lord God, I pray these things today, by the power of your Spirit living in my heart, and I offer them up to you through my gracious Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, who is my advocate in heaven and on earth.

Amen.